top of page

A Step Ahead & Two Steps Back

So, if you've been following along with my graphic you'd know that last update we were at 60% completion with this rewrite; however, as the title of this implies I took a few steps back. BUT the good news is I took a step forward in the right direction with the delivery of this story and for that very proud of myself.


Originally this novel was meant to be an easy breezy 25 chapters, but as I continued chipping away at this rewrite I noticed chapters getting quite lengthy and pacing not exactly matching 25 chapters. With taking this in consideration a choice was made. As of writing this update, I'm thinking the proper length for ADVENTURES IN THIMBLETON: BOOK 1 is more in the range of 30 to 32 chapters.


With this in mind I opted to update my graphic as if I was drafting for 32. That way in the future it doesn't appear that I've "lost" progress.

Today I closed chapter 17 which is roughly 4k words. This chapter took a very unexpected turn, but I think yall will like it ! Putting me at 42,233 words so far in this rewrite, 2,432 of those words being written today.


I'm hoping to get a good deal ahead this week! We'll see what unfolds as everytime I announce my want for productivity the universe laughs.

3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page